Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Do you put things off???

Today is a beautiful sunny day...Not like your typical January day..No winter blues here like years before...

Do you put things off? Do you put things off that you like because your raising a family? Or do you put things off just because....

I am number one with putting things off...Just because I do...Just because I am lazy to...Are there any wishes that you have in your bucket list??

My bucket is overflowing....Last August when I found out that I had cancer I would sit and cry because of all the things I put off for another time...I don;t have a list of things like jumping out of a air plane...or bungee jumping...Mine are very simple things about nature...collecting pine cones, taking a walk near a lake..sitting on the deck and reading the Bible...Or sitting on the deck and watching my garden grow.. making my own homemade bread especially artsian bread....Growing rose bushes like I have always wanted.. Making my own homemade soap... having a clean home cleaned by no toxic chemicals..telling my kids how much I love them and very proud of them..I don;t do that enough. Stop worrying about money.. Being thankful the bills are paid... I have projects in my bucket list for this year...There are things in my bucket list for my health...losing weight and all that... My bucket list mainly consist of simple things, homemade things, enjoying life around me...

I don't want to put things off anymore...My chemo will be winding down next week...Tomorrow I go for chemo and then next wednesday and then I am through with chemo...And throughout the process I have wished that I hadn't put things off.. I don't want to make excuses anymore...I want to accomplish things at my own pace...Not keeping up with everyone else...Just go at my own pace and enjoy life.. Enjoy family and walks and projects...Get away from me being in control...It has taken me 5 long months to get away from being in control... Being in control has been a real huge issue for me...It was my way or no ones way...I had list a mile long...I no longer have the list...The only list I make is the grocery list now...Even with my home I would make list for me to do..the goals for the day... I don't make them anymore because the last 5 months I never knew how I would feel and the list became useless.....I just look around and see what needs to be done....I don't want any part of me that was in control...I love the new me...My kids are still getting use to it...I use to expect alot more out of me...I felt I was expected to do certain things a certain way...As you get older make do by elimanating certain habits and go the easeier route...it just makes sense now...

I don't make a menu list for the week because I never followed through..Yes I did 2 weeks worth of food shopping and yes I made out a menu...But I don't follow it each day...I have food to make certain meals whatever day I want to make it...I like it better this way...

I am excited to start a new chapter or season in my life after chemo...stop putting things off and start living again and starting to love life and look at the good and instead of all the doom and gloom...Keep the news off for the next year because of all the poltical garbage going on... Yes I will watch what is going on but I won't be obsessed with it like I had been.. I will be watching our finances and living life and enjoying life... enjoying life doesn't mean spending money...it means enjoying my family..No more putting things off....

Have a great day...May it be filled with many many blessings...

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie you said it all in a nutshell....life is good and we should never take it for granted....Blessings to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do put things off, I really need to stop and just get things done! Thank you for your comments about Kiah, she is eating a bit now so hopefully she is on the mend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the chemo. treatments are ending Lisa, you have been such a trooper through them, and that this is a chapter that you will be closing.

    I find that since I am getting older,that i procrastinate more and more. This year my word is "savor", I am trying to savor more and more moments, I am a simple person, not very fancy, I am not a mall shopper, and would rather be listening to nature such as today as I was coming in the house, i heard a dove in the far distant calling its mate, it was so refreshing for me.I find that God gives me so many simple pleasures each day and all I have to do is reach out and receive them. It is refreshing to read of how you are savoring your days too.
    Blessings,
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most people put things off to some degree. I like to put off paying bills until the last moment. This habit has gotten me into trouble more than once. I put off things that involve a bit of the unknown too, as I like familiarity and routine in my life.

    ReplyDelete