Sunday, January 29, 2012

My weekend.....

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend....

My daughter came home for the weekend and is on her way back to college...It was so good to see her..We had fun watching Hockey....This afternoon is the hockey pro teams...We watched the competition last night and it was a lot of fun..

Friday afternoon I spent time working on my grocery list...I am trying to get into a 2 week food shopping conquest. I have been sending Russ out to do the food shopping and he has done wonderfully..I just didn't want to go and deal with rude people staring at me...or get pity stares or whatever... Plus the last few weeks I had not been feeling up to par... But I decided I can't let things bother me...Wait till I have no boobs and they will really stare....:) of course I can cover that up better...Anyways I had a plan of attack to go into the store and get just what I wanted...I was not to get anything but what was on that list...HA HA HA...real funny...

The bad thing is after making the list friday I woke up saturday morning at 5 am... Couldn't sleep because my bones ached from chemo...So I read blogs..BAD THING......I saw so many wonderful recipes....Soup recipes and other recipes...Out comes the grocery list....change things up... because I am going to try some of the recipes...

Since I don't make homemade bread because I just don't have it in me so we decided to start off with fresh Panera Bagels...Russ picked them up and picked up 2 dozen of different kinds...We had one each for breakfast before going to food shop...Off to Hyvee we went....I stayed on course 98% of the time...Bought organic fresh produce... Organic apples and boy do they smell like sweet apples instead of being sprayed with pesticides...I bought organic chicken...Then I bought Amana beef..organic eggs...I need to go once a month to pioneer food coop to get more organic things...That will come in time...

After coming home I divided everything in to serving sizes....I always cook for an army and the army right now is just Russ and I... so I down sized all the meats...And with the Panera bagels since they are huge and loaded with carbs and calories I cut them all in half...We will have only a half of a bagel for our breakfast thus the bagels are going to last us many more meals...I spent for 2 weeks with everything from the Panera bagels and paper products and pet food stuff for the 2 weeks a total of $190.... $190 for 2 weeks....$95 it comes out to per week....I was so excited and I won't have to step into grocery store for 2 weeks....I have enough eggs, butter and milk and bread for the 2 weeks....And I will have a few extra meals other than the 2 weeks....Dogs and cats have everything for 2 weeks or more...

Russ and I want to lose weight...of course I have been dropping 1 pound a week for the last few weeks.. With cutting back on the serving sizes and ect we should beable to lose the weight eathing good healhy foods but having what we like to....One thing I have done in the past is give away so many things of mine that I had in the kitchen...I gave them to David or Dan...They needed the things to start off on their own and I wasn't using the things at the time...Now I need some of the things...So I am on the hunt for a stainless steel 5 or 6 quart size stock pot... I have a 12 quart one and is so big.. Will be checking out GoodWill and Amazon and ebay...I did some searching and the prices are outragious...I really have to think before giving things away....I don't mind to my own kids...it is when I give to goodwill or just throw it out and then need it later...I have to think more of later on in life now...Fun fun in getting old..

All I know is after going out and food shopping I was so weak....it wore me out like I have never felt before....I told Russ only 2 more chemo stuff an I am through with it...I can not believe walking through the store through me for a loop....

I baked brownies this morning to send back with Kim....Kepted a few for Russ to enjoy....I won't eat them because of the sugar and I don't like how i feel after a sugar intake... Kim was thrilled to take brownies and some bagels back with her..

Today all I have done is make breakfast and then the brownies....Not to much..My bones ache and I am getting use to the fact they ache on the weekends...Russ has been such a blessing to me with helping me through all the aches and pains and the emotions I am going through right now with deciding on what I want to do with surgery....I just don't know what to do..I am on a roller coaster right now and praying about it...To many things to think about it....Russ holds me and lets me cry in my decision making...I am trying to figure out what I am going to do...5 months ago I knew I would have to have my breast removed...But if I have it removed the other one will have to be down sized... I don't have small girls..So the good one has to be downsized.... Then my sister in law had her breast removed 20 years ago and 20 years later she had the other one removed because of cancer and she had that one down sized 20 years ago... Do I go that route of have both removed and then reconstructed into 2 perfect girls the same size... But do I want foreign stuff in my chest as fake breast...ugh... Do I just go around flat chested for the rest of my life and not have to worry about any of the surgeries...Do I go eenie meanie my mo which way do I go...Sorry if this is to graphic for some...but this is reality in the cancer world...After chemo and the surgery that will be all behind me and I can concentrate on the future.....All I know is I am so glad I have the Lord to lean on through out all this....

Well I need to go and actually do something....Have a great day....

3 comments:

  1. Hi there busy lady,

    I hope you are feeling better now. I know it can get to you. I almost didn't want to do my last two chemo treatments. I was so tired of feeling so tired and terrible all the time.

    You have such a big decision to make. You need to decide on the procedure that you can live with afterwards.

    I said that if it happens to me again I would do that trans-flap procedure..I might have spelled that wrong. It is removing both sides and using your own belly fat to make new ones. So you get a tummy tuck with the deal if you need one. :)

    I may even change my mind if I had to deal with it again. Sorry that you have gone through this. But I know that you know that Heavenly Father is there to help you decide. Give him your burden like he asks you to in the bible. He will help. :)

    Feel better my friend. Take care, Janet W (((((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    You did great with your food shopping. I am going to work on my bill in Feb, I too have to think before I give things away.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this week will be better for you. You did great with the shopping.

    Still lifting you up!

    ReplyDelete