Monday, March 19, 2012

Good morning....

I sure hope you had a wonderful weekend... We had a wonderrful weekend but it went way to fast...

It is thundering right now and it is so nice to hear...

Saturday we went to two gardening centers to walk around and see what they had...not much but we did buy some seed packets and I bought 4 cauliflower plants.... With the weather we are having you want to get out and dig and get things started...I know better so I watch the birds...Plus I can't do much anyways.. Going to the garden centers did tire me out...but it was a nice tire...

Sunday we got up and went to church...It was great seeing everyone... It was nice hearing the sermon and singing the worship songs... It was what I needed...

Came home from church and watched the Penguins play hockey and losing to... My daughter was not happy they lost... After the game she headed back to college...It was great that she was here for spring break...in 2 and half months she will be done with college... This semester sure is flying by...

After Kim left Russ and I went grocery shopping...I hadn't been to the grocery store in a long time...It sure felt good...I have been having alot of issues since I had the double mastectomy with my taste buds...Nothing I liked before taste good... I am eating things that I haven't eaten before...Strange...just strange....I cant even talk about some foods...So we are having alot of different foods this week...I am craving for veggies and ice cream....no I am not prego but sometimes feel it...

Saturday I decides to try on a bra and when I was in the hosptial they gave me this camosile top with fiber filled paddings for it...Well the camisole was so tight...like lycra...Don't like tight fitting stuff...I had said before the doctor told me when I had my double mast.. that my stomach would look alot bigger...Well he was right....When I put my old bra ( glad I didn't burn it) I put the fiber filled paddings in the bra and my stomach appeared much smaller...It felt great to have it look smaller...Russ even said it made a difference...So when I go out in public I wear my fiber fake breast... I am leaning towards the reconstructive surgery now...Just don't know if I want more surgery to go with fake breast...I know some who had reconstructive and I know some who haven't and are comfortable both ways...I have time to think about it...I am comfortable with or without but look so much better with the bra on...And the best part of it all is I have a wonderful loving husband who is so supportive which ever direction I go in....He doesn't like me going under the anthesthia... He accepts me for who I am now...I accept who I am except for my hair...Come on hair come in thick and full please...

Today is back to normal....My daughter went back to school....Russ is at work and I have the house to myself....Plan on doing some cleaning....My energy is coming back and I am so thankful for that...


It is suppose to be in the 70's this week...I may plant my cauliflower plants..there is only 4 of them...

Have a wonderful week this week...May it be filled with many blessings...
.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, I am so glad you are feeling better. I had a friend who had the reconstructive surgery and had so much trouble with her arm. She know has to wear a tight bandange thing on her arm all the time. I cannot remember what they call it. She said she wished she had never had the reconstruction. You sound confident and I know you will do what YOU feel is best. You are blessed with an understanding husband too. You are a brave woman. Blessings and may you continue to heal and get energy daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I am glad to hear that you are doing well. :)

    When I was having chemo is when my taste buds went nuts. Just thinking about certain foods or smelling food made me feel like 'loosing it.' It took a while for me to be back to normal in that respect.

    Hair?...Well, when I started getting my hair back I was thinking 'MY hair?' It wasn't my hair. I got black curly hair (like African American), grayish hair (like an old old person)....not my hair. It was strange..I'd say gosh, there must be some people running around town bald cause I got their hair. LOL It will eventually get back to normal too.

    We got a few inches of snow yesterday and during the night. I thought for sure we were heading into spring as we have had great temps during the days and most of my yard was no-free. Oh well... this is Wyoming, it is very unpredictable.

    I am so glad that you got to church yesterday. Doesn't it feel great? :)

    Have a nice evening and a great Tuesday.

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you for just putting everything out there. And if I know anything about you, Lisa you will do lots of research and lots of praying before you make your decision and it is YOUR decision ;) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I hope that you are healing and having a wonderful spring time. Isn't it good to have a husband who loves your heart, and the inside of you? Still lifting you up!

    ReplyDelete